So, on February 21st I ran my first 5k! There were eight of us who registered for the race: my sister Wendy, her friend Rhonda, My high school friend Amy S, her friend Lisa, me and my three training buddies, Amy M, Mitzie and Jennifer. I was so proud of all of us but my sister blew us all away. She actually got the 3rd place trophy in our age group. Her time we 24.20 and Jennifer wasn't that far behind her at 28 minutes. I was just thankful to run the entire time without stopping and was hoping to finish in 40 minutes or so. When I crossed the finish line I didn't even think to look at my watch or the time clock. My priority was recovery and water! Turns out my time was 32.58 which was great for me considering I had never actually run a complete 3 miles before!
Wendy, Mom and MeMom was there for moral support and to take pictures. She is now trying to run as long and as fast as us! Keep it up Mom...just don't hurt yourself! :)
Amy S joins us on Saturdays and yesterday I was able to keep up with her most of the time. She finished a few minutes before me at the race so my goal is to try and keep up with her at the next race. Yes...we're doing another 5k on March 14th! It's the St. Paddy's Day 5k - Dash Down Greenville. Woo-hoo! My goal is to finish at 32.57 or less! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment