Monday, May 11, 2009

Ups and Downs

Here's the low on the BIG down! I really prefer to get the negative stuff out of the way first, anyway.

We lost a tree last weekend. I know it's just a tree...and a leaning tree at that, but you know the yard just doesn't look the same. It also decided to fall 2 days before KK's birthday party. This meant spending $$$ to get someone over to chop it up and haul it off. I know the neighbors were celebrating the loss of the leaning tree (the eye sore of the neighborhood) and I'm sure they were saying lovely things about us early Saturday morning when the guys from Lumberjack were cranking up their chain saws! So here's a picture of the "partial" remains....I've not been doing the best job of taking pictures of IMPORTANT events lately.
Here's the before picture which was taken several years ago so imagine this - the tree was leaning so much that you could almost run up it. I know...fun. It really needed to come down but it could have picked a better weekend to fall!
The fall was not caused by winds or a storm. The tree trunk rotted out and it just snapped off right at the ground. FYI, don't mound up mulch around a tree base. Not good! Retains moisture around the trunk and it'll cause even a straight tree to snap!
Lil' J had to go out and see the new view of the house. Maybe the grass will grow on that side of the yard now. Water would help and it seems that we've been getting plenty of that lately!

The day the tree fell, KK had her BFF come over for a sleep over.
That really cheered me up, especially when the girls (yes, even KK) decided to have their fingernails painted!

The evidence! They even had me put bling on their nails! The next day they even wanted me to touch up their polish since it was chipping. I like this BFF!
Then the biggest shocker of all...
KK gets her ears pierced! This was one of Gran-mommy's gifts to KK. I even got it on video! That's not mean is it? You know you just have to document these things! Mom also got the girls the cutest hats and of course some skull and cross-bone earrings. She also took us to our favorite place to eat...Kyoto!

Then we had the big party! Like she really needed MORE excitement!
Can you guess the theme?
Here's the birthday girl with her new electric guitar and amp which were selected by her Daddy! The amp was a gift from Nana and Bob-bob.

Here's the birthday gang! Poor boy...surrounded by all those girls!
What's a party without cake...with guitar picks shoved in it...and a punch fountain! I know I ROCK! Ok, Aunt Wendy ROCKS!
Thanks sis for bringing it over and helping with the party. You, Mom and Lauren were life savers! I LOVE you guys!
We also had a guitar pinata the kids smashed to pieces!

After KK's birthday we celebrated Big J's b-day. Here's the boys after our AWANA ceremony!
You can go HERE to see KK's Sparky Award! She was sooo excited to get that plaque!

KK got dressed up yesterday morning to help her Dad fix breakfast for ME. French Toast...my favorite! Happy Mother's day Mom and my other Mom, Glynda! I'll let you borrow the little chef anytime!!! :)

I'm leaving on Wednesday for work and so Big J will be on his own with the kids Wednesday through Sunday. I've made up the menu for the week, see the next post below for my first ever Menu Plan Monday! I'm making some good stuff today and tomorrow and they should have plenty of left-overs; however, I put some easy things that I know the kids will eat for the rest of the week. I'm hoping Nana and Bob-bob will feed them this weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment